supposedly, moving to a new place is on the top ten list of most stressful life events ever. i get that now. while i do love this new city so much and am eager to explore and learn and find my place, my nerves have been completely shot to hell. so, i'm going to keep this post short until i can gather my wits about me. (don't hold your breath.)
here are some notable items from the past couple of weeks here in charlottesville.
- seth has learned to ride a bike.
- i've found a new favorite coffee shop--the mudhouse (many thanks to erin for a first visit that was perfection).
- i've found a new favorite pizza place--christian's pizza (pizza and coffee--these are things of critical importance to me).
- i love our new home. this is the view i had the other day from our balcony:
- we live within walking distance of downtown (this is very exciting to winn & me).
- i have a new running route (this is not really all that exciting. it is a necessary evil. i'm wondering, my runner friends, when will the love of running kick in?)
- i backed out of our garage one day last week and smacked right into the front of winn's car. didn't damage mine, but his was a different story.
- most notable of all, wyatt started first grade today at his new school. he was very brave this morning. i tried to have a little pre-school chat about "our feelings," but when he said, "ohhhh noooo, not another 'special talk'!", i settled for a hug instead. here he is, ready to go: